The Call Center Operator performs routine duties in the dispatch office that includes answering telephones, data entry and customer service.
Part-time – Hourly Position – Up to 30/week
Computer and phone experience preferred.
- Handle incoming calls from customers and schedule calls accordingly.
- Collect and accurately enter customer information and trip data.
- Respond to customer inquiries or direct them to appropriate resources.
- Use computer software itinerary planning system, as well as written materials (maps, schedules and fare charts), to provide up-to-date information regarding services.
- Maintain a positive attitude while engaged with customers.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment including the personal computer and have the understanding of various and specialized software.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with customers, employees and department staff.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Strong data entry skills, alpha and numeric.