As a volunteer for the Ride Buddy program, we ask that you be an extra set of eyes for us while on the bus. You will have a schedule that we will match with a school route. You will be given a name tag, I-Ride pack, and a seating chart (if applicable). You will be expected to assist the driver in getting the children to their seat and buckled. You will then watch the children while the bus is in motion making sure they stay seated and reasonably quiet. You will interact with the children in a way that makes them feel safe during their travels. The driver may ask you to record pertinent information.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Must submit to, and successfully complete, a background check.
- Must be prompt and have good attendance.
- Must possess good public relations skills.
- Must notify dispatch as soon as possible when not able to make scheduled rides.
- (989) 772 9441
Specific Physical Job Functions
- Sitting- for prolonged periods of time while the vehicle is in operation.
- Standing/ Walking- must be able to attend to the needs of the passengers, usually to assist in boarding/ de-boarding.
- Talking/ hearing/ seeing- senses must be used to respond and keep the passengers seated and safe.
- Experience interacting with children.
- Experience interacting with the physically/ mentally disabled.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Help children board the bus.
- Assist with seat belts. We strongly recommend all passengers utilize the seat belts.
- We ask that you sit directly behind school children.
- Make children feel safe and comfortable on the bus.
- Keep children reasonably quiet while the bus is in motion.
Please note that as a Ride Buddy we do not permit food or drink on the bus. You may have a capped water, but we ask you not to drink it while the bus is in motion. You must also notify a driver if you need a break through the course of a tour.